If you’re a fan of college football, then you’ve probably heard the name Cam Taylor-Britt. The Nebraska Cornhuskers cornerback has been making waves in the NCAA and is now on the radar of NFL scouts as he heads into the 2021 draft. In this article, we will take an in-depth look at Cam Taylor-Britt’s draft profile, exploring his strengths, weaknesses, and potential as a professional athlete.
1. Early Life and Career Highlights
Early Life: Cam Taylor-Britt was born on December 5, 1999, in Montgomery, Alabama. Growing up, he showed a natural talent for football and quickly became a standout player at Park Crossing High School. He was named a four-star recruit by ESPN and Rivals, and chose to attend the University of Nebraska to further his football career.
Career Highlights: Taylor-Britt made an immediate impact at Nebraska, starting in 11 games as a true freshman in 2018. He has since solidified his place as one of the top cornerbacks in the Big Ten conference, earning honorable mention All-Big Ten honors in 2020. With his impressive speed, agility, and coverage skills, Taylor-Britt has caught the attention of NFL scouts and is projected to be a mid-round pick in the upcoming draft.
2. Strengths and Weaknesses
- Versatility: One of Taylor-Britt’s biggest strengths is his versatility. He has played both cornerback and safety for Nebraska, showcasing his ability to excel in different roles on the defense. This makes him a valuable asset to any team, as he can fill multiple positions if needed.
- Physicality: Standing at 6’0″ and weighing 205 pounds, Taylor-Britt has the size and strength to match up against bigger receivers. He is not afraid to get physical at the line of scrimmage and can effectively disrupt routes with his press coverage.
- Ball Skills: Taylor-Britt has a knack for getting his hands on the ball, whether it’s through interceptions or pass breakups. He has shown impressive ball skills and the ability to make plays in critical situations.
- Tackling Technique: While Taylor-Britt is known for his physicality, his tackling technique can sometimes be inconsistent. He tends to rely more on his athleticism rather than proper form, which can lead to missed tackles.
- Footwork: There have been some concerns about Taylor-Britt’s footwork, particularly in off coverage. He may struggle against faster receivers who can create separation with their route-running skills.
- Experience: As a junior, Taylor-Britt has only played three seasons at the college level. Some scouts may see this as a lack of experience compared to other draft prospects.
3. How to Use Cam Taylor-Britt’s Draft Profile
If you’re an NFL team looking to add a versatile, physical cornerback to your roster, then Cam Taylor-Britt should definitely be on your radar. With his combination of size, speed, and ball skills, he has all the tools to succeed at the next level. Here are a few ways teams can utilize Taylor-Britt’s talents:
- Press Coverage: Taylor-Britt’s physicality makes him a great fit for press coverage, where he can jam receivers at the line of scrimmage and disrupt their routes.
- Zone Coverage: With his versatility and ball skills, Taylor-Britt can thrive in zone coverage, using his instincts to read and react to the play.
- Special Teams: Taylor-Britt’s speed and tackling ability make him a valuable asset on special teams, where he can contribute as a gunner on punt coverage or as a kick returner.
4. Examples of Cam Taylor-Britt’s Impact
Taylor-Britt has already shown his potential to make an impact on the football field, both at the college level and in high-pressure situations. Here are some examples of his standout performances:
- In a game against Illinois in 2019, Taylor-Britt recorded two interceptions, including one that he returned for a touchdown.
- In Nebraska’s matchup against Ohio State in 2020, Taylor-Britt had nine tackles and a forced fumble, helping to hold the Buckeyes’ high-powered offense to just 36 points.
5. Comparisons to Other Draft Prospects
When it comes to comparing Taylor-Britt to other draft prospects, there are a few names that come to mind. Some scouts have compared him to current NFL cornerback Jaire Alexander for his physicality and ball skills. Others see similarities between Taylor-Britt and former Michigan cornerback Lavert Hill, who was also known for his versatility and press coverage abilities.
6. Advice for Cam Taylor-Britt
As Taylor-Britt prepares for the NFL draft, there are a few areas that he can focus on to improve his game:
- Tackling Technique: By honing in on his tackling technique, Taylor-Britt can become a more consistent tackler and eliminate any concerns about missed tackles.
- Route Recognition: Improving his footwork and route recognition will help Taylor-Britt in off coverage situations, where he may struggle against more experienced receivers.
- Continued Growth: As a relatively young player, Taylor-Britt still has room to grow and develop as he enters the NFL. Staying dedicated to improving his skills and learning from veteran players will be key to his success.
1. What is Cam Taylor-Britt’s projected draft position? As of now, Taylor-Britt is projected to be a mid-round pick in the 2021 NFL draft.
2. What position does Cam Taylor-Britt play? Taylor-Britt has played both cornerback and safety for Nebraska, but is primarily seen as a cornerback at the professional level.
3. Has Cam Taylor-Britt declared for the NFL draft? Yes, Taylor-Britt announced his decision to enter the 2021 NFL draft on December 27, 2020.
4. What are some of Cam Taylor-Britt’s strengths as a player? Some of Taylor-Britt’s strengths include his versatility, physicality, and ball skills.
5. Does Cam Taylor-Britt have any notable achievements in college football? In 2020, Taylor-Britt was named honorable mention All-Big Ten for his performance with the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
Cam Taylor-Britt is a talented cornerback whose draft stock is rising as he heads into the 2021 NFL draft. With his versatility, physicality, and ball skills, he has the potential to be an impact player on any team. While there may be some aspects of his game that he can improve on, Taylor-Britt’s raw talent and dedication make him a top prospect to watch out for.
Discover the latest and greatest Cincinnati Bengals jerseys at the Bengals Pro Shop, your ultimate destination for all things Bengals. Gear up your young fan with the sleek Ja’Marr Chase Youth Jersey in White and celebrate the legacy of Chad Ochocinco with his iconic jersey. Support the rising stars with the Cam Taylor Britt Jersey and the promising Andrei Iosivas Jersey.
Showcase your Bengals pride with the clean Trey Hendrickson White Jersey and the classic Ken Riley Jersey. Boost your game-day look with the robust Cody Ford Bengals Jersey and the exclusive Super Bowl Bengals Jersey, perfect for commemorating the team’s big moments. For the younger fans, the Andrei Iosivas Inverted Legend Youth Jersey is a standout choice. Each jersey from our collection isn’t just a piece of apparel; it’s a symbol of passion for the Bengals and a way to connect with your favorite players.
Experience the pinnacle of NFL excitement with the Cincinnati Bengals’ Super Bowl LVIII jersey collection. Embrace the thrill of the game with the sleek Ja’Marr Chase Super Bowl Jersey, a must-have for fans of the dynamic receiver. Celebrate the legacy of a Bengals legend with the Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson Super Bowl Jersey.
Support emerging talent with the Cam Taylor Britt Super Bowl Jersey and the impressive Andrei Iosivas Super Bowl Jersey. Showcase your defense pride with the Trey Hendrickson Super Bowl Jersey and honor the past with the Ken Riley Super Bowl Jersey. Don’t miss out on the sturdy Cody Ford Bengals Super Bowl Jersey. Each jersey in this collection isn’t just a piece of apparel; it’s a symbol of the Bengals’ journey to the Super Bowl and a testament to your fandom.